Slurry lagoon design and construction
Moore Farm Services are experts in the design, construction and installation of earth banked slurry lagoons, which provide a long-lasting, cost-effective solution for slurry storage. Our expert team are fully trained and experienced, and we use our own plant fleet, to deliver a cost effective, efficient and reliable service to all our customers.
Benefits of an earth banked slurry lagoon
- Flexibility of size, shape and location
- Bespoke design to take account of location, soil type, stone content, water table levels and the needs of your farm
- Capable of meeting Environment Agency guidelines
- Highly cost-effective in the short and long term
- Minimal visual impact
- Long life span when designed, constructed and maintained correctly
Our service includes:
- Initial site survey to assess suitability – soil, rock and water
- Design of a slurry pit to meet the needs of your farm
- Creation of plans and drawings suitable for planning applications and construction
- Specification, supply and installation of appropriate liners if required, depending on soil type
- Advice about the relevant regulations and guidelines
- Creation of the slurry lagoon, with access roads, concrete pads, fencing etc if needed
Slurry lagoon regulations
To meet the demands of the Environment Agency and Defra with regard to the handling and storage of liquid fertilizers, it is paramount that slurry lagoons are constructed with robust products and with sound engineering techniques. The combination of these elements will give rise to a long serving lagoon which will meet the approvals of the Environment Agency, whilst still presenting good value for money.
See the DEFRA guidance here where you will also find and information about planning permission and special requirements for farms in Nitrate Vulnerable Zones. Please note that the Environmental Agency require 14 days’ notice prior to the construction of new or improved slurry stores.